Pilot Journal Club – Thursday May 24th, 2018 at 10am
Dean Giustini will be leading a discussion on the following article:
Pardo-Hernandez H, Urrútia G, Barajas-Nava LA, Buitrago-Garcia D, Garzón JV, Martínez-Zapata MJ, Bonfill X. BADERI: an online database to coordinate handsearching activities of controlled clinical trials for their potential inclusion in systematic reviews. Trials. 2017 Dec;18(1):273. https://trialsjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13063-017-2023-3
Please read the article beforehand and be ready to discuss.
We will be using join.me to hold this discussion online or by phone:
Join the meeting: join.me/HLABC-CHLA.ABSC
24 May 2018 10:00
To dial in by phone:
Canada – Vancouver
Conference ID: 955-806-551 #
January 31, 2018 HLABC Continuing Studies Event:
Location: UBC Woodward Library, Computer Lab and Sherrington Room (2198 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, V6T 1Z3)
Cost: $35 in person (PayPal link on the registration form) / $0 Online
- 9:00-9:15 – Welcome (coffee and tea in the Sherrington Room)
- 9:15-10:15 – Personal Oncogenomics and Brain Cancer – Dr. Yaron Butterfield.(Sherrington Room)
- 10:15-10:30 – Break
- 10:30-11:30 – Communicating by design – Chantalle Jack (Computer Lab downstairs from Sherrington Room)
- 11:30-11:45 – Break
- 11:45-12:30 – Predatory journal tools (Computer Lab downstairs from Sherrington Room)
- 12:30-1:30 – Lunch and HLABC Meeting (Sherrington Room)
- 1:30-2:00 – What’s in a Library Catalogue? Maximizing Corporate Value – Ruth Rochlin
- 2:00-2:30 – Canadian Health Librarianship and the TRC: Responses and Responsibilities – Lara Maestro
- 2:30-3:00 – What is old becomes new again: discoveries among the medical rare books – Charlotte Beck
- 3:00-4:00 – Social gathering at Mahoney & Sons
Instructions for online attendance:
BlueJeans Video Conference – https://bluejeans.com/821307830?src=calendarLink
David Dovey has invited you to a video meeting.
Meeting Title: HLABC CE Day
Meeting Time: Wednesday January 31, 2018 • 9 a.m. PST / 6 hrs
Join Meeting – (Join from computer or phone)
Connecting directly from a room system?
1) Dial: 188.8.131.52 or bjn.vc
2) Enter Meeting ID: 821 307 830
Just want to dial in on your phone?
1) Direct-dial with my iPhone or
+1.888.240.2560 (US Toll Free)
2) Enter Meeting ID: 821 307 830
3) Press #
- Fill out the registration form at https://goo.gl/forms/5YpCnjCO1T01mSJ93
- If attending in-person please follow the PayPal link to complete registration.
- If you’re not a current member, please obtain HLABC membership here prior to January 31st as this event is for current HLABC members. (Membership runs June 1 – May 31. Click here to our membership renewal page.)”
Communicating by design by Chantalle Jack
Description: Illuminate your information with data visualization and infographics. Learn how create eye catching reports, information and marketing materials using MS Publisher and Excel that will attract and engage your audience.
Yaron Butterfield is researcher, author, and patient educator, who will be speaking about genomics and brain cancer.
— Presentations from HLABC Members —
- What’s in a Library Catalogue? Maximizing Corporate Value by Ruth Rochlin
- Canadian Health Librarianship and the TRC: Responses and Responsibilities by Lara Maestro
- What is old becomes new again: discoveries among the medical rare books by Charlotte Beck