Date: Friday, June 6, 2014 – 9:30am – 3:00pm
Location: UBC, Irving K Barber Centre, Lillooet Room
Contact: Linda Howard
***REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED***
Webinar option available, please register indicating the webinar choice, and instructions will be sent to you on how to connect.
You are invited to attend:
The HLABC Annual CE and AGM Day on Friday, June 6th from 9:30am to 3:00pm.
CE EVENT 9:30-12:00
“Demonstrating the Value of Libraries through evaluation, assessment and other measures” an interactive panel
Speakers: Dean Giustini (UBC.VGH), Jeremy Buhler (Assessment Librarian, UBC), Antje Helmuth ( Manager and Librarian, Ministry of Health & Human Services Library), Leah Hopton (Coordinator, BC Electronic Library Network)
Libraries have been under attack in recent times. Several science and government libraries have closed. This panel will look at how some libraries are fighing back using evaluation and assessment tools to demonstrate their value to the larger organization. Join us for stimulating presentations by BC librarians who are actively involved in evaluation and assessment of library services.
1. learn about various ways of assessing and evaluating library services (Dean)
2. learn about key BC academic library initiatives in evaluation (Jeremy)
3. Learn about evaluation in small health libraries (Antje)
3. Learn about assessment tools, such as surveys and qualitative measures to demonstrate the value of electronic library consortiums. (Leah)
4. Participate in a discussion about creative ways we can demonstrate our value
Lunch and AGM will follow the CE event. Event and lunch are free.